The Fire Department of Liberty Township mission is to protect the lives and property of the citizens, visitors and neighbors of the Town of Clayton and Liberty Township. Protection provided includes services in firefighting, fire prevention, public education, fire investigation, emergency medical care and transport, hazard mitigation, and all forms of rescue . All those services are provided in the most professional manner by highly trained, dedicated and educated members with strong core values.
Safety - The first and most important consideration is the safety of the citizen, visitor, neighbor and responder. The responders take calculated risks to their own safety to save the life of another.
Service - The citizen, visitor and neighbor are our customer. Customers are treated with the respect and the dignity they deserve.
Compassion - Many times, the customer has called us on their worst day. With that in mind, members will always be sympathetic to the customer who called for help.
Honor - Members perform the duties of the mission with integrity, honesty and fairness without the expectation of glory, doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Dedication - There is an unwavering commitment to faithful execution of all the duties of the mission.
Preparedness - A constant state of mental and physical readiness is imperative. Readiness is accomplished through training, education, physical fitness and the care of our equipment.
Cooperation - Members recognize that the mission cannot be accomplished without the help of others. Members foster close working relationships with community organizations, all levels of government and other public safety agencies.
The Vision of the Fire Department of Liberty Township is to be recognized by all we serve, those who assist us and our members as:
- An organization that provides the highest level of service that is viewed as a benchmark among all public safety service organizations.
- An organization dedicated to the education of the public in order to promote life safety and a high quality of life.
- An organization that is dynamic enough to change with the needs of those we serve.
- An organization that is acknowledged for our strong core values and commitment to our members.
- An organization that is a good steward of the resources received from the taxpayer and contributor.